Cleaning Tips for Seniors

Senior Woman Washing Dishes
As we age it may become necessary or helpful to change how we do chores such as cleaning. This is a guide about cleaning tips for seniors.

What type tools do you use for cleaning hard to reach places like around and behind the toilet? Any other tools you use for various things? I have a grabber that helps me get things out of the dryer without bending over. How do you go about your chores without bending, reaching, and lifting heavy objects. A maid is not an option.

By weinerdog41 from Ft. Worth, TX

Best Answer

I have a brush that has an adjustable handle for cleaning the shower, it also says it can be used around the toilet. However, for that job, I just plain use a broom and a regular floor for mopping the floors.

My kitchen always looks cluttered because I'm not flexible enough to get things out of my lower cabinets unless they are right in front, and the same my balance isn't good enough to get on a step stool to reach things on the upper shelves. For that reason I keep a lot of things on the table and counters. If people don't like it, tough. Anytime I need sliced or diced potatoes, I buy the canned ones because it is too hard on my hands, arms, and shoulder to handle fresh potatoes.