Cleaning Up Hair in the Bathroom

Category Bathroom
Long black hair near shower drain
The damp surfaces in the bathroom often act like a hair magnet. This is a guide about cleaning up hair in the bathroom.

I clean houses for the elderly and one of my clients has very long hair. I was wondering if there is an easy, quick way to remove hair from sinks, tubs/showers, toilets, etc. When I clean it just moves the hair around and I end up having to pick it off, and that is gross to me. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Janice from IL

Best Answer

A vacuum or a lint roller would do the trick.

Best Answer

Pick it up with a damp tissue or paper towel.

Best Answer

Hi, I suggest you look in the pet section. There are types of rubber "brushes" that pick up hair. They work good on my furniture so maybe they'd do the trick with hair in the bathroom. Peace

Best Answer

A wet micro fiber cloth (dollartree has them) works wonders! It sticks right to it, you still have to pick it of of the cloth, but it will be all at once, so it won't be as bad, like a bandaid do it quick!

Best Answer

Windex sells a box of cloths (they are not treated), for non-streak window cleaning, that work awesome for this. Just use one and it will pick up all the hair first time around. They are washable too if you want to or just toss out. I use them for dusting, picking up pet hair, etc. You get a large box at Walmart for a couple of bucks. You will love them!

My daughter and I both have long hair. Our black cat sheds and so do we! How do I get all the hair off the sink, counters, and shower? Also is there a way to keep it from collecting there in the first place?

They sell these great hair catchers for the drain that not only have a basket receptacle, but also have spikes that come out of it in order to capture the hair. https://www.low  c9b-a214d6bd9635

we have the same problem, and that hair trap resolved everthing.

The only other solution I'm afraid is to vacuum a lot, twice a week. Hair is just going to go everywhere.

Flylady.net makes rubber brushes that work very well at picking up hair.