Cleaning Up Pet Hair

I have a client that lets her pets roam and climb on everything. Is there an inexpensive way to clean pet hair off counters, smooth top stoves, sinks, furniture, etc.? Or any way to repel the pet hair from sticking to everything? I would really appreciate any and all advise on this. Thank you in advance.

Janice from Illinois

Answers:

Cleaning Up Pet Hair

If you have an old Christmas stocking that's furry, it works great. My mom has a leather couch with dog fur on it. Visiting over Christmas, I just wiped up the fur with a stocking.

A piece of craft fur or felt may do too. (02/23/2009)

By Becca25

Cleaning Up Pet Hair

I found a sponge at my local hardware store that is used to lift the fur and I love it, it is easy, pliable to fit into corners, and to clean it you just roll the hair off. I am sorry I do not remember the name but it is orange in color, was in the cleaning goods section, feels slightly tacky like it is a rubber type product. Hope that helps. (02/23/2009)

By Katie

Cleaning Up Pet Hair

I use lint rollers that let you peel the used paper off. I even use it on my cat and he loves it! (02/23/2009)

By cliff

Cleaning Up Pet Hair

The sponge is called Gonzo and does work really well. Another thing is to put on a pair of rubber gloves, then put some water on the gloves and run your hands over the hairy surface and it rolls off. (02/23/2009)

By starxmn

Cleaning Up Pet Hair

Thank You for the great suggestions. I will be trying these today when I get to my clients' homes. (02/24/2009)

By jmz2005

Cleaning Up Pet Hair - Fur-Zoff

For removing pet hair from all fabrics I recommend a Fur-Zoff. It's a "green" product that only costs $9.99. A very inexpensive way to remove pet hair from all over the house. (02/25/2009)

By Kelly

Cleaning Up Pet Hair
Cleaning Up Pet Hair
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄