Cleaning Up Toothpaste Mess

Category Bathroom
Sink drain with blobs of toothpaste surrounding it
With regular usage some toothpaste tubes look like they are leaking paste; there is such a mess around the opening and elsewhere. This is a guide about cleaning up toothpaste mess.

My husband makes a mess when using gel toothpaste. There always seems to be a big "glob" around the opening after he uses it. I wipe all of the old toothpaste off around the opening and use a Q-tip to apply baby oil around the cap and rim of the tube. It works very well and no more discussions with my otherwise "perfect" husband!

By bsteph1956

You got that right.

My Mom always told me, "You can fuss, or you can do something." Every time I find a little irritation from my DH of 28 years, I stop and say that to myself. Then I fix the toothpaste the way I like it, and it is not an irritation.

DH thinks all these little things I do for him are ways of saying I love him. Actually, they're not; I just like clean toothpaste. BUT, when I DO have an ax to grind, he fixes it so fast your head would spin. AND I know he considers it a sign of love for me, so I am very, very grateful.

O.

We each have our own tube. I set my 'running away paste tube' in a disp bathroom drinking cup. Then when it leaks, you can take the brush and swish to use. Certain brands are horrible for leaking tubes. Doesn't seem complaining to them helps. So maybe if their market dropped off, they would get the hint.