Cleaning Urine Off a Couch

My son feel asleep on the couch and had an accident, the couch is only 4 months old and has a large urine spot. How do I clean it?

Lisa from Burrillville, Rhode Island

Answers:

Cleaning Urine Off a Couch

My cat developed a UTI and before I could take her to the vet she went on our couch. We tried everything but the urine had soaked into the cushion. So cleaning the fabric was useless.

I took the cushion out of the fabric and placed it in my shower and soaked it with 'Kids & Pets' from the grocery store. I let it soak in for a while and then ran warm water from the shower on it to rinse it off. I flipped it over and repeated the same on the other side. This completely eliminated the odor as well as the urine. This was done with a foam and down mix cushion.

To dry it I squeezed the water out of the cushion and dried with a fan and hairdryer. Also make sure you hang the cushion and allow the water to drain out so that it does not sit in the water as it dries. The water that is coming out will be mixed with urine so you do not want it to dry in the cushion again.

This method worked wonders for our couch. (02/19/2007)

By Sick Cat

Cleaning Urine Off a Couch

Urine off does not work they have a guarantee on their product but they expect to receive your bottle within 7 days of purchase. By the time I even tried the stuff it was 7 days. They do not work don't buy it! (02/20/2007)

By Cat woman

Cleaning Urine Off a Couch

I have a dog that thought my couch was a potty TWICE. I took the covers off the cushion and put them in the bath tub with Woolite. I got it sudsy and basically hand washed them. Then turned on the shower head and tried to get as much out as possible. Wrung it out and hung it over the shower curtain rod. I have a chenille type material couch *will never buy one again while owning pet* and it worked really well. (08/05/2007)

By Elizabeth

Couch with urine odors.
Removing Urine Odors from a Couch
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
A cat sitting on a couch.
Removing Cat Urine Odor from a Couch
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 11:35:26 PM on 10.0.0.42 in 867 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.