Cleaning Vinyl Floor Tiles

I work in a Church and the vinyl tile floor in the parish hall and kitchen has grime that will not come up. We can use a floor scrubber for the larger areas but the corners and edges will not come clean. They have not been maintained over the years and now the dirt appears permanent. The floors are waxed so there is probably wax over the grime. We have tried to lift the grime with towels soaked in ammonia with little success. Is there any miracle product that would work?

Mnordeen from Wakefield, MA

Answers:

Cleaning Vinyl Floor Tiles

I once had a kitchen floor with the same problem - waxed-over grime. I used straight ammonia and a nylon scrubber to get it off. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do this - you have to get on your knees and scrub! (05/04/2007)

By Anna

Cleaning Vinyl Floor Tiles

Use greased lightning for any floors will even take out permanent marker. It is made in Clemson SC and can be bought in Lowes or Walmart. (05/04/2007)

By Toni

Cleaning Vinyl Floor Tiles

When we moved into this house about 3 years ago, our renters (5 different families in 15 years) hadn't cleaned the kitchen floor very well. Under the cabinet edges and all around the outside edges, the tile (light blue and almost 50 years old) was dirty. Apparently it had been mopped and waxed many times. I bought some Awesome at the dollar store and before we read the directions, my daughter used that while scrubbing on her hands and knees and you would NOT believe what it did!! It is simply AWESOME! We read later that it should be diluted 10:1 with water - so that's what we do now. We own a restaurant and use it there to clean grease also. Like I said, it was at the dollar store - apparently it's success on tv informercials was over - it was like $20 for that bottle on there years ago. It will clean anything I've tried it on!! (05/04/2007)

By Marlene

Cleaning Vinyl Floor Tiles

Once while helping a couple clean from the Military, we were using Spray Power (found at Walmart) on the grime of shower doors. Little known to us it was taking the wax off the floor under the door. (We had the doors off in a better ventilated area). It is very strong but will roll the wax right up.

Good luck! (05/06/2007)

By Michele

Cleaning Vinyl Floor Tiles

My hubby and I purchased a good heavy duty steam cleaner last year as I cannot scrub due to a neck injury. Well, when we first got it, I tried a little section under the edge where the cabinets are and are pretty dirt embedded. It lifted it right up and then I swiped it with a clean rag and presto a beautiful clean spot on the kitchen floor. Still haven't done the whole floor yet as the house is in a construction phase and it is a mess here. I think it is a McCollough. I believe they make tools or some thing. My husband was a happy camper to buy it.
Good luck on those floors! (05/07/2007)

By Laura

Floor cleaning tools like mop, rags, etc. displayed on vinyl tile floor
Cleaning Vinyl Floors
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile
Kitchen With Vinyl Flooring
Restoring Shine to Vinyl Flooring
Scuffed Vinyl Flooring
Removing Scuffs from Vinyl Floors
🎉
🎄