Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

What do you use to clean a vinyl floor? I had a floor put down by Empire today, and I have no instructions. Does anyone know if Simple Green is too strong for cleaning it?

Also, I just bought a refill for my Quickie sponge mop and it specifically says do not use vinegar. Any ideas?

By Debby from San Diego, CA

Answers:

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

You can call Empire, and see if they have the instructions, all manufacturers have their own recommendations.
Or try looking up the maker online, to see if there are any. (07/17/2010)

By fatboyslimsmom

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

Your quickie refill will be fine with vinegar. Don't leave it set in it, wash the mop when done. It makes it rust faster, the breakdown of the finish, etc.
I put the vinegar water in a spray bottle, not in my cleaning water.
To clean the floor, I have inlaid, as well as other flooring. I use Armstrong floor cleaner (Walmart carries it) as well as good old Mr. Clean/Comet/Pinesol for general floor cleaning. I also use lemon generic ammonia. Do not mix products, just one at a time. They all clean vinyl fine. (07/21/2010)

By T&T Grandma

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

Armstrong floor cleaner is what I use. Get the kind that says " leaves no sticky residue" .
For spot cleaning I use spray glass cleaner. Occasionally I go on my knees and clean the whole floor with glass cleaner and a rag, it makes it shine so pretty and does not make the floor slick like Simple Green for example. (07/21/2010)

By Lily May

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

Dollar Tree carries a cleaner called Awesome it works for everything. I put it on and it's only a buck. I even cleaned the engine in my car. You can also get it at Dollar General, and Wal-mart, but Dollar Tree is cheaper. Everyone should try it. Make sure you read the bottled instructions. Good luck!
(10/22/2010)

By Sheena MO

Floor cleaning tools like mop, rags, etc. displayed on vinyl tile floor
Cleaning Vinyl Floors
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
Kitchen With Vinyl Flooring
Restoring Shine to Vinyl Flooring
Close up image of dog's water dish on wood plank vinyl flooring
Cleaning White Water Stains on Vinyl Flooring
🎉
🎄