Cleaning With Children

Children Vacuum Cleaning
Making a game of cleaning can be an entertaining way to get things done with the kids. This guide is about cleaning with children.

It is hard to get the house clean with little ones under your feet. I put my 2 year old daughter, standing in a chair, at the kitchen sink, with old towels all around the floor. I give her measuring cups, spoons, bowls, etc. She has fun playing in the water and making a mess all over!

After about 2 hours of playing, and my cleaning other things around the house, I take the wet towels and use them to mop the floor with my feet dragging them around. It's perfect clean floors with no residue!

By bonniewhite777 from Central Florida

When the kids were young, we used to make a game of cleaning the house. They would take turns picking the "ROOM" that was their cleaning project and the one who did the best job (not the fastest :) but the cleanest and neatest) would win extra time playing video games or extra time to stay up or what ever you want to do! It helped them work and enjoy it and it helped me A LOT!

By wiseinhimmer

Do you want your kitchen floor clean? Give the kids cheap shaving cream, and some wash cloths. Your floor will be sparkly when finished, and kids love helping.

By Rebekah

This tip is good if you have small children around or large children like my husband, (ha ha), and tend to get fingerprints on your walls. Take fifteen minutes every Saturday with a small container of soapy water and a rag and go on a fingerprint hunt. It never takes longer than fifteen minutes. I started doing this when I had a home daycare and all white walls.

By Ardis Ilene Barnes