Cleaning Your Birdcage

This is the easiest and cheapest way to clean the poop off of your birdcage. Go to a dollar store and buy the bristle brush that you use to scrape your grates on your BBQ. Rub lightly and it will fall off easily. If the poop is stuck to the side of the bar and you can't reach it, then use the side of the bristle brush that is also made to clean the sides of the bars in the BBQ. Don't scrub the bars because it will take the paint off.

If it needs more cleaning than that: Go to a dollar store and buy a shower curtain. You have two options.

Option #1 Let the poop dry for two days and use your finger nail to pop it right off. It comes off in a whole piece. No mess.

Option #2 Go to a dollar store and buy wash cloths just for this purpose. Wet the wash cloth with hot water and it just washes off. This method can be used if it is dried or not.

Use the hose of the vacuum to pick up all the seeds and food. Do this with option #1 and #2.

By alienpsychomom from Richland, WA

Cleaning Your Birdcage

We have several LARGE cages inside. Every Thursday is "clean the cage" day. My husband takes out the poop trays that are covered with newspaper, and dumps them in a large black trash bag. THEN takes the grate, and/or tray and PRESSURE WASHES it outside. Everything comes off, and it is clean and nice. Cover with more newspaper, and presto - clean cage. No scrapping, brushing. Pressure washers come is various sizes - ours was from TARGET. (03/28/2008)

By Reina

Cleaning Your Birdcage

Find the 'Poop Off' wipes the best aid in cleaning everything. (03/28/2008)

By Carol W.

Cleaning Your Birdcage

If you don't have a pressure washer. You could do like my daughter does - she takes her big cage to the car wash. (03/29/2008)

By Joyce wis

Cleaning Your Birdcage

I just have a few cages with finches (3 cages, 6 finches). I line the bottom of the cages with something called "Equine Fresh" it is small pine pellets, I get it at Tractor Supply. It soaks up any water that is spilled out and it is super easy to clean the cages. The poop that is on the small bars, I just pour hot water on it and wipe it off with a paper towel. Then I take another paper towel with a very small amount of vinegar and wipe the rest clean.

I know that you are probably talking mostly about bigger bird cages if you're pressure washing them. If I pressure washed my cages, it would blow them away (03/29/2008)

By tnrfitz

Cleaning Your Birdcage

I had someone make me this tray the size of bird cage. This slides in and out so this is really easy to take and clean. It's made of metal, it's just great for my African Gray. This way you can keep their cage clean, pull this out and I take a shop vac to pick the mess up. A clean cage means a lot to me and my Gray. (06/26/2008)

By donisue

Cleaning Your Birdcage
Building a Birdcage, Wooden birdcages in a market.
Building a Birdcage
Green and yellow bird in a birdcage.
Homemade Birdcage Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning eyeglasses with a cloth.
Cleaning Eyeglasses
Brick Chimney
Saving Money on Chimney Cleaning