Cleaning Your Steam Iron

How do I clean the brown burnt on stuff on the plate of my steam iron?

Tracie from Los Angeles, CA

Answers:

Cleaning Your Steam Iron

I use a little bit of Bon-Ami with a soft wet cloth. (02/27/2008)

By txcatlover

Cleaning Your Steam Iron

FAULTLESS HOT IRON CLEANER $2.79 at Walmart. I have a nice Black & Decker Iron I was lucky enough to find at a Thrift Store. I use it nearly every day when I sew & BOY, was I ever bummer out when I made the stupid mistake of ironing on the wrong side of iron-on interfacing. This stuff bonds to your iron just like hard Plastic & NOTHING will take it off! "What do I do?" I asked the fabric-gal at Walmart, & she told me to buy "Faultless Iron Cleaner" which is sold where the irons are sold (at Walmart) for only $2.79 for a pack of 2. This stuff worked MIRACLES & I only needed half a tube! I still have another tube & a half left!

The Faultless Hot Iron Cleaner made my iron glide better & smother than a brand-new iron! It's truly a wonderful product! (& at $2.79, the price isn't bad either!) Just follow the directions on the package.

To buy FAULTLESS IRON CLEANER online:
http://underbid.com/action/display/item/20640-1061872208/sku/439874.html (02/27/2008)

By Cyinda

Cleaning Your Steam Iron

Wrap a block of paraffin in a piece of cotton cloth. Heat the iron just till it will melt the paraffin and "iron" the block. My mother always kept one of these on the end of her ironing board and so do I. Works like magic. (02/29/2008)

By Rita64

Cleaning Your Steam Iron

If it doesn't have Teflon coating on it, you can use stainless steel wool 000 on it. (03/01/2008)

By castleberrycc

Cleaning Your Steam Iron

I second the vote for Faultless Hot Iron Cleaner. It gets all the gunk off the plate. It won't clean the inside, but the outside will look like new. Just make sure you use an old towel or rag with it, because you won't be able to use the towel again. (03/03/2008)

By Lynn Beth

Cleaning Your Steam Iron

This forum is great. I bought a top-of-the-line Rowenta and now the sole plate has gunk on it. I am going to try the stuff from Walmart. Thanks from a straight guy who loves to iron. (05/16/2008)

By G. Coop

Yellow and white clothing iron next to a pile of clothes.
Cleaning a Clothes Iron
Steam Iron
Removing Rust from Steam Iron
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Someone curling hair with a pink and black curling iron.
Cleaning a Curling Iron
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
🎉
🎄