Cleaning Your Steam Iron

To clean the bottom of an iron, use A dry or damp (non soap) SOS or steel wool pad. Scrub the bottom until it is clean. Use toothpicks to clean the holes. After you are done cleaning, turn your iron on low (no steam) & run it over a piece of waxed paper. You will have a very smooth iron with no sticking. I have done this for all of my 30 yrs as a seamstress. It has never failed me. Please let me know how it works for you.

Answers:

Cleaning Your Steam Iron

Your tip on cleaning the iron worked perfectly. Thank you very much. (08/07/2006)

By Steve

Yellow and white clothing iron next to a pile of clothes.
Cleaning a Clothes Iron
Steam Iron
Removing Rust from Steam Iron
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Someone curling hair with a pink and black curling iron.
Cleaning a Curling Iron
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
🎄