Cleaning a Burnt Microwave

I have a stain in the microwave from a burnt potato where it smoked and caught on fire and burned up black. The walls inside the microwave have turned to another color, like a brown tanish color. This is inside a Sears Kenmore microwave.

Help.

By Norma from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Cleaning a Burnt Microwave

I killed a microwave the same way. The question is not can you remove the stain from the microwave, you can't. You basically cooked the plastic until it was overdone, and now it's like a burnt cookie. My dad had a plastics business and I know whereof I speak.

The question is, can you safely use the microwave, or is it dead? I don't know the answer. (02/07/2010)

By PIKKA

Cleaning a Burnt Microwave

I used a vinegar, water, and lemon juice spray first then scrubbed the hard to get off spots with a paste of baking soda and water using a toothbrush. It worked pretty well. I then left a bowl of baking soda in the microwave for a few days, that helped with the smell. Good luck. (02/07/2010)

By kffrmw88

Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
Removing Burnt Popcorn Smell and Stains from a Microwave
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
🎉
🎄