Cleaning a Cell Phone

Category Electronics
Cleaning a Cell Phone
Your cell phone probably gets lots of use each day, leaving it in need of regular cleaning. This is a guide about cleaning a cell phone.

I have a few ink stains on my mobile that came from a pen but i can't seem to get them out can anybody help? The stains are on the outside.

Arainn from Scotland,uk

Put a little rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) on a cloth or piece of cotton and rub gently. The ink should disappear.

Hairspray usually does the trick for removing ink stains for me. Just put a little on a cotton ball and rub the ink out.

Hairspray > spray onto a tissue and wipe the inky areas > should come off easily. Might take a couple of trys...Good Luck

toothpaste

Isopropal alcohol and hairspray will remove pen. Alcohol will remove even permanent marker. Caution though, don't use hairspray on your not-glass glasses ;)

How can I remove paint from the outside of my cell phone, without damaging it?

By taylor_rolyat from Lexington, SC

You might could try rubbing a bit of hand cleaner on it like used in men's garage that stuff gets off anything, sold at dollar store for $1

Take a Q-tip and dip it into finger nail polish remover. Use that on your cell phone, it would be easier to clean and you wouldn't have to worry about getting too much liquid on your phone and ruining it.

I would NOT use fingernail polish remover. It might damage the cellphone finish. You might try cigarette lighter fluid. It will not damage the finish. The hand cleaner is a great tip. (One brand is Goop.) If you use the hand cleaner, leave it on the phone for several hours.

My husband accidentally got super glue all over the back of his cellphone where the battery is. Does anyone have any idea what I can use to get this off?

Amber

Nail polish remover with acetone in it.

The only thing that I know of that removes super glue is acetone. Having said that, it also eats plastic of every kind.

Is is just a matter of the glue being dried on the phone, or did it glue shut the battery door? Is the phone still under warantee? Maybe the manufacturer will take pity upon him. ~;0)

Acetone doesn't eat plastic of every kind - you can buy it in a plastic bottle. That doesn't mean it won't eat your cell phone plastic, but at this point a little marred plastic is probably better than the glue.

How can I get my cell phone cleaned up a bit? I have used a wet napkin with some dish soap and that does not work. Any suggestions?

By Lynn from Pottsville, PA

I clean my cell phone and my computer keyboard with alcohol and cotton swabs. The swabs fit in between the keys, and the alcohol dissolves just about any "stuff" on them. Also, the alcohol evaporates quickly. The only drawback is the smell, but it does not last long. When I am out of alcohol, I have used body spray ( used after the shower) as it contains alcohol. Smells better too.