Cleaning a Crock Pot

How do I clean the cooked-on residue from sausage and beans from the inside of a crock pot?

By walkbj from Plantation, FL

Answers:

Cleaning a Crock Pot

This is what I do; I fill the pot with hot water, add a 1/4 cup dish washing soap, bring it to a simmer, and then put a lid on it so it stays hot after I turn it off. Leave it for a few hours. The food came right off. If there is a little residue I put some cleanser on a dishcloth and scrub on it lightly and it comes off. (06/25/2009)

By Marcia S

Cleaning a Crock Pot

I just soak mine overnight with some dish soap and then use an SOS pad to scrub off any residue. (06/25/2009)

By lah34a

Cleaning a Crock Pot

Soak with automatic dishwasher detergent and water. That stuff dissolves everything. (06/25/2009)

By Beth

Cleaning a Crock Pot

It might be best to avoid SOS or similar scouring pads because they can create tiny scratches that may make it even harder to clean your appliance. The hot water soak (even without soap added) is very effective. I fill the crock to max fill level with hot water, drape 3 - 4 clean dry face cloths on lid to cover lid entirely, and leave it unplugged and let soak a few hours. The facecloth (or even a folded towel) help maintain the warmth which increases the effectiveness. (06/25/2009)

By moonylisa

Cleaning a Crock Pot

I use a cleaner called Cameo. They make one for porcelain, for stainless steel and aluminum. You sprinkle some on the cooked on food and use a damp cloth to make it into a paste. Then you rub it on the spots and they should come off with a little bit of elbow grease. I buy mine at Walmart in the cleaning aisle for about $1. I have heard you can make a paste with baking soda and clean just about anything. Although I have not tried this myself, it might just save you a trip to the store! (06/25/2009)

By harrison2009

Cleaning a Crock Pot

Use one of the Magic Erasers - I think Mr. Clean makes them. They clean everything off my pots and pans and they are soft and don't scratch. Stuff comes off immediately with little effort. We even cleaned the vinyl car seats and doors in my husband's car and it looks showroom new (it's a 2001 model!). We've used them to clean the water line in our pool, our glass top stove, etc. I love them! (06/25/2009)

By Susan5932

Cleaning a Crock Pot

Once clean, can I suggest that they make crock pot liners? They sell them with the plastic wrap and aluminum foil where I am at. I love them. Just pop one in, then whatever you are cooking and when done take out and throw away. They have saved me time and trouble. (06/25/2009)

By lmbell

Cleaning a Crock Pot

I basically do what Marcia suggested and it works every time. Good luck. (06/25/2009)

By tahlula

Cleaning a Crock Pot

Next time you use your crock pot, use this little trick someone told my mother many moons ago. Using a pastry brush or a folded up piece of paper towel, oil the whole inside of the pot, top to bottom. Although it will still need some scrubbing to clean up, it will be easier to maintain. I've been doing this for years with extra virgin olive oil, but any liquid oil will do. (06/30/2009)

By cookwie

Cleaning a Crock Pot

I use S.O.S. pads to clean it. Then before each use I spray it with PAM or any generic non stick spray before filling. (06/30/2009)

By Ariela

simmering crock pot
Cleaning a Crock Pot
Slower Cooker Beef Brisket
Slower Cooker Beef Brisket Recipes
Crockpot with a healthy stew cooking in it.
Diabetic Crock Pot Recipes
Vegetarian Soup
Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap
🎉
🎄