Cleaning a Dishwasher with Interior Stains

What is the best way to clean a stained interior of a dishwasher. We rented a house with one that looks shameful. I read that running lemon Koolaid in an empty washer would do it, but it didn't work.

brflemmons from Glen Allen, VA

Try running bleach through the dishwasher. I would put it in the wash and rinse cycle then run the washer again with just pain water to make sure the bleach is rinsed out completely. If that doesn't work, try scrubbing with SOS, or try the SOS first. I hopes this helps. (01/18/2008)

By Danialle

White vinegar works well on so many things, I would run the dishwasher with just the vinegar. (01/20/2008)

By Grammiecracker

Dishwasher full of dishes.
Cleaning a Dishwasher
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Paint Cans with Color Spectrum and Brushes
Saving Money on Paint (Interior)
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior