Cleaning a Dooney & Burke Purse

How do I clean my Dooney & Bourke purse? It is black with brown trim and the black looks faded some.

Dee Janey from Sacramento, CA

Answers:

Cleaning a Dooney & Bourke Purse

I have used simple dish soap and water which takes the dirt right off. I got this advice from a salesperson at the mall. It took the ballpoint pen off as well. I had no problem getting it off.
(08/07/2006)

By Jessica

Cleaning a Dooney & Bourke Purse

If it's a matter of faded black leather - use black leather shoe polish - buff to a high shine - you could also try liquid shoe polish. (03/13/2007)

By Pamphyila

Cleaning a Dooney & Bourke Purse

I have the same problem. My Dooney & Bourke purse contains light beige leather and there started to be darker brown spots on it. Should I clean it with a leather cleaner or saddle soap? (04/14/2007)

By Sylwia

Cleaning a Dooney & Bourke Purse

My Dooney and Bourke is the white bucket bag with the colored DB on it and has yellowed. I've tried just some mild soap and water but i don't know what to really use. I want to use it again this summer so if anyone knows how to clean it so it is white again that would be great! (05/07/2007)

By Samantha

Cleaning a Dooney & Bourke Purse

Cleaning a Dooney and Bourke bag is not all that hard. All I had to do was take a warm damp wash cloth and a bar of soap and rub onto the fabric. Mine came clean in just a few minutes. It really does work. (05/31/2007)

By Courtney

Cleaning a Dooney & Bourke Purse

I went to Macy's to learn how to clean my mini bubble bag, and the lady at Macy's had a whole book on how to clean my purse, you use a bar of ivory soap and a clean toothbrush and white towel.

1. Run bar of soap under worm water

2. rub toothbrush on soap

3. gently scrub bag

4. rinse with water lightly, then dry as much as possible with white towel.

*don't let the soap sit on the purse for more than 2 min! GOOD LUCK! (06/17/2007)

By Just A Girl

Cleaning a Dooney & Bourke Purse

I have a tan bubble bucket bag and the bottom was really dirty, I used some dawn dish soap, and a white cotton towel, lightly cleaned it and dabbed the soap off with water, and it came clean, and looks brand new. I'll keep doing that. (08/04/2007)

By joey from phoenix

Cleaning a Dooney & Bourke Purse

I have a baby blue Dooney that I left in the trunk of my car at an event recently. The next day, my boyfriend put a drill in the trunk on top of my purse leaving several black grease marks on it. I used the ivory soap/toothbrush method and it really does work. It even removed the grease from the light brown leather on the sides without harming it. (08/27/2007)

By jennyleigh

Cleaning a Dooney and Bourke
Cleaning a Dooney and Bourke Purse
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Two baby cradle church purses with Kewpie dolls inside.
Crocheted Baby Cradle Purse
Purse decorated with CDs.
Making a CD Purse
🎉
🎄