Cleaning a Microwave Over the Stove

There are grease spatters on the black-colored front of my microwave oven, which sits over my stove. What is a good product to remove the spots? Everything I use just smears it.

Connie from Imperial, MO

Answers:

Cleaning a Microwave Over the Stove

You know what I use? "Goo Gone." That stuff will take off everything! It used to be pretty expensive, but now I think you can get a good-sized jug at the hardware store for about $7.00 that will last for a really long time. Put some in a little spray bottle, spray it on, and let it sit for a few minutes and then wipe it off. That grease should come right off. (11/26/2006)

By Ted

Cleaning a Microwave Over the Stove

Rubbing alcohol does a wonderful job! (11/27/2006)

By Annie

Cleaning a Microwave Over the Stove

Vinegar is better than any commercial "glass cleaner" I have ever tried and it is non-toxic, so I am not afraid to use it around my family and animals. (11/27/2006)

Cleaning a Microwave Over the Stove

All these ideas are good ones and will work well, but I combined a couple of household products for the best ever glass/mirror cleaner: Use 1 part vinegar, 1 part rubbing alcohol, and 1 part water. Spray sparingly and wait a few seconds before wiping with a lint-free cloth or spray the cloth, wipe, and dry with another lint-free cloth. (11/30/2006)

By hsorbits

Cleaning a Microwave Over the Stove

The "best" product I've found by far for cleaning grease, old burned food, etc. is the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Someone else mentioned it and, "trust me", this thing works miracles with very minimal effort on my part. It also works wonders taking soap scum off of glass shower doors. And no fumes or odors to contend with. (12/03/2006)

By em

(06/20/2008)

By Sappie

Cleaning a Microwave Over the Stove

I would try Awesome. Do not add water. You can get it at the Dollar General or Wal-mart. I use it for everything. (06/24/2008)

By darlooney

microwave
Cleaning a Microwave
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
🎉
🎄