Cleaning a Moldy Refrigerator

We had to store our items in storage for about 3 months. My refrigerator was stored with the doors closed and it is overrun with mold and smells terrible. What is the best way to clean this?

KH from Ellabell, GA

Removing Strong Odor from Moldy Refrigerator

During Hurricane Ike I lost some meat and chicken in my freezer. I tried many things and as a last resort I hosed my freezer and fridge with Febreze. It took away all the odor and the Febreze odor of spring flowers dissipated in a day or two. (03/15/2009)

By MartyD

This is too late for you, but might help others: when my son and family emigrated, the packers advised putting a few teabags in all the white goods. He said this prevented the odours developing.
Re: your problem, try washing freezer out with bicarbonate of soda. (03/17/2009)

By skinnyjinny

Cleaning a Moldy Refrigerator
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Refrigerator Door
Testing a Refrigerator Seal