Cleaning a Pontoon Boat

Pontoon boats are great for enjoying a day out on the lake. As with any boat periodic cleaning will keep your boat looking nice for many years. This is a guide about cleaning a pontoon boat.

January 29, 2016 Flag

I have mildew on the rubber rub rails on my pontoon boat that I can not get off. I have tried a lot of commercial mildew removers to no avail. Any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 2, 2007 Flag

My husband and I bought a used pontoon boat in pretty good shape except the pontoon tubes or coated with a lot of scale from being left in the water for long periods of time. We want to clean it to be shiny again and want to know what to use to clean the scale and then what to use to polish it to get that shine again. Can anyone please help us?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My DH uses a pressure washer and all the gunk came right off.

I got a great tip from a friend, and just came in from using this product. Zing Formula IV.!!!! I swear by it. I inherited a '98 Crest pontoon, that had never been touched. I sprayed this on, it foamed up, and I rinsed it off. Pontoons are 95% back to original condition. i wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't done it myself.

Any other questions, please feel free to email me, theodore.kolks AT sbcglobal.net. I'd be glad to send you before and after pictures.

Toilet bowl cleaner called the works

July 22, 2012 Flag

How do you clean the inside of the pontoon? We have a big problem with spider droppings.

By Frances

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Travel and Recreation Recreation Boating CleaningNovember 28, 2011
Photo of a white fiberglass boat.
Removing Wax From a Boat
Cleaning a Fiberglass Boat
Cleaning a Fiberglass Boat
Buying a Used Boat, A boat on a trailer.
Buying a Used Boat
Cleaning Boat Seats
Cleaning Boat Seats
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 12, 2017 at 10:11:31 PM on 10.0.2.106 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.