Cleaning a Porcelain Tub

How would I remove hard water and rust stains from my old porcelain bath tub? It's from the 1920s, so I don't want to replace it. I've tried using advertised cleaners, but they start to strip away from the tub and leave behind the stains. Does anyone have an alternative?

By Christopher from Wilmington, OH

Cleaning a Porcelain Tub

If you've tried most everything imaginable to remove the stains, you might want to consider hiring a professional to refinish your 1920's bathtub. We had a porcelain bathtub refinished in our second house. It should be refinished during the warmer weather so if you have a window in your bathroom it can be opened to let out the toxic fumes.

Look in the yellow pages under bathroom fixtures/bathtub refinishing. Or go to:

I found this information in less than one minute on the internet. (12/26/2009)

An antique porcelain tub
Cleaning Porcelain Bathtubs
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Porcelain Clawfoot Tub
Repairing a Chipped Porcelain Tub
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub