Cleaning a Rotisserie

I have been contemplating purchasing a rotisserie, but wonder about the amount of cleaning required after use. Just how difficult is it to get these machines clean. Any suggestions, comments?

Holly Gates from Richardson, TX

Answers:

Cleaning a Rotisserie

Mine is very easy to clean. I have a George Foreman Jr. It has a tray in the bottom that slides right out. The actual rods that the food are on come out of course. Then there is a splatter guard in the back so if your meat it really juicy and messy that slides out pretty easy as well. (07/27/2006)

By dpcw

Cleaning a Rotisserie

We have one. We've roasted whole chickens and pork roast. It works great, and is easy to clean, but we don't use it very much. So many recipes require chicken parts. Also, it takes about an hour and a half for a whole chicken, and my family is hungry and won't wait that long for dinner when I get home from work. We tend to have meals that can be made in half an hour or so. There is a timer, but this isn't like a bread oven where you can set the time in advance so the bread is done when you walk in the door. If you have the time or the inclination to roast your chicken the evening before - and the storage space- it will be a good buy. I always feel a little guilty that I don't use ours more often! (07/27/2006)

Cleaning a Rotisserie

I've had one for a long time now and it's not that hard to clean if you put all the parts in to soak immediately. If you don't you'll have a hard time cleaning stuck on bits and grease from the slots of the drip pan. I find that the wheels are better cleaned with a handy SOS pad. Not fond of the front window though. That doesn't clean well at all. And for Pete's Sake, don't lay something on top of the rotisserie, forget about it and turn on the rotisserie. Mine is a mess on top because someone laid something on top and I didn't pay any attention and turned on the rotisserie. Melted plastic all over the top. Go ahead and buy the rotisserie. It's worth it just for whole chickens if for nothing else. Use McCormicks Grill Mates as a marinade - you'll love it. (07/28/2006)

By jrslady

Cleaning a Rotisserie

I love my Showtime (Ronco set and forget). When I remove the meat after cooking just put the parts in hot soapy water have dinner and stick in dishwasher front window included. It can be a little tough if you don't soak first, but I have found the miracle cleaner at Advance Auto called Purple Power that will clean anything with a little scrubbing. (07/28/2006)

By hkrgrl

Cleaning a Rotisserie

I bought my Ronco rotisserie about 3 yrs. ago and than bought my sons and my daughter one also! I've cooked chicken, turkey, roast, ribs, shrimp, rstd. potatoes and even fruit ie: pineapple, sliced peaches and plums (in the basket). I use the tray for breads and sauces.
I have never used the dishwasher to clean the parts of the rotisserie, I don't have a reason why!
But to clean the window and the outside I use a paste of baking soda and water. To clean the inside I use ammonia and let sit overnight. Easy clean up.
Even if I couldn't get the gunk off, I would still use my Ronco!
Also for anyone who has one, remember to put about 1/2 cup water in the pan so when the 'drippings' from whatever you're cooking drop into the pan, it won't smoke., and to grease the wheels with a little shortening so you won't hear that annoying 'Sskreeeekkkk'. (07/28/2006)

I read Jrslady problem about something melting on the top. If you use fingernail polish with acetone, it should take the plastic off. (acetone melts plastic) (07/28/2006)

By SweetCali40

Home rotisserie oven with chicken on spin
Cleaning a Rotisserie
George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Replacement Parts for George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
George Foreman Jr. Rotisserie
George Foreman Jr. Rotisserie Manual
Recipes Using Rotisserie Chicken. Chickens Being Roasted Rotisserie Style
Recipes Using Rotisserie Chicken
Four chickens on the rotisserie.
Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
🎄