Cleaning a Shower Head

How do you clean a shower head?

Obert from BIRMINGHAM

Answers:

Cleaning a Shower Head

What I do is use CLR that I get either at the grocery store or hardware store. I pour some into an old Cool Whip container and hold it over the shower head for a minute or two. I use an old tooth brush to get into the little holes and before you know it, those jets are running full tilt! (06/23/2007)

By Mary Jo from St. Paul.

Cleaning a Shower Head

Take a medium needle and push it through the holes in the shower head. This should clear them out, so water can be discharged through them all. Ours was only coming out 3/4 of the holes in the shower head, and this is how I solved the problem! Straight pins will also work, but to my knowledge come only in one size (06/25/2007)

By Ross.

Cleaning a Shower Head

I recently used CLR to clean my shower head. There are directions on the container specifically for cleaning them. If you're able to unscrew the shower head, you can then soak it in the solution, otherwise, holding a container over it sounds like a good alternative method. I was able to remove the hard metal build-up and it works great now. (06/25/2007)

By sylviecyn

Cleaning a Shower Head

Fill a ziplock bag half and half with water and vinegar, dissolve a tsp of baking soda in it, put over shower head and fasten with a rubber band. Leave a few hours (06/25/2007)

By ruthvalleygal

Cleaning a Shower Head

Remove the shower head and soak in a bowl with a few denture cleaning tablets. Works great. (08/29/2007)

By Tyler

Cleaning a Shower Head

I debated buying the CLR, but opted for the less expensive method first - just vinegar. I put it in a bag, put it on the shower head and let it soak for a few hours. Scrubbed a little mineral build-up off with a toothbrush, and the showerhead works perfectly. I have a double-head heavenly shower. I cleaned one head and compared the two. The vinegar worked great. Thanks for the tips! (10/08/2007)

By LM

Shower head with the water running.
Cleaning Shower Heads
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 8:50:07 PM on 10.0.1.111 in 936 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.