Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

Tips and advice for cleaning a smooth top stove.

Answers:

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

Thanks all for your replies. I have had my glass cook top for almost two months now, and I don't regret it for a minute! I love it! I very rarely have to use a razor. It's VERY easy to clean, although you have to give it a good cleaning every two days or so.

I took the advice from the people who told me to get Barkeeper's Friend, and it's a great product. I use it all the time, never have scratches, and it really works on the cooked on gunk.I just use it with water, and the rough side of a sponge in a circular motion. Then I just take a clean wet cloth and wipe everything off. A spray of windex at the end shines everything up nice. No problems using windex. This plan works like a charm. Thanks to all who responded!!
Ann (01/13/2007)

By Ann

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

They sell a kit at lowe's that is the ceramic stove top cleaner and a razor blade. I was nervous about using the razor blade on the stovetop but the gentleman at lowe's had used it on his stove an assured me it was ok. It worked and didn't damage the top. I use it all of the time now. (12/26/2007)

By AnGoCo

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

I think I have a different problem. Have a Bosch smooth top and have no problem cleaning. However, I have dark stains left behind around the circles and inner area as well. The crust and crud are gone and it is smooth - but this stuff I can't scrape up and any cleaner I use does not get this out. I'm very diligent about cleaning all the time but these stains won't go away. Thanks. (01/03/2008)

By jmunchkin AT verizon.net

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

I have a Frigidaire smooth top stove and I hate it! But I found that one of the Mr. Clean "sponges" work very well for taking a lot of the dark stains and circles off. (01/14/2008)

By Laurie N.

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

I also use vinegar. This seems to help and adds a great shine. Works great with the "magic" eraser sponge! Still hate my stove though! Am stuck with it also! (01/14/2008)

By Laurie N.

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Stove Top
Cleaning Stains on a Smooth Stove Top
Glass Top Stove
Removing Burnt Food Stains on a Glass Top Stove
🎉
🎄