Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

How do I clean off burnt aluminum off of a ceramic stove top?

By Teresa from Lakeland, FL

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

I have a smooth top stove and I clean it with Bar Keepers Friend that you can find at most stores. Also take a very smooth knife and gently scrape that aluminum off with out digging into the surface of the stove. That works for me. I take the blunt edge of a knife to scrape mine. Just be careful. (07/20/2010)

By Mirage

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

If you use a blade with a handle, (the type used for cleaning stickers and things off of windows) to clean off the big stuff first then a cleaner like Zudd, Bar Keepers Friend, Mother's Helper or just a wet dish cloth it should come clean. I have made messes while cooking jam and it all came off beautifully. A twin razor blade will work, but is not as safe as a window blade. It will also scrape off easier if it is wet or has been soaked a bit. (07/20/2010)

By Joycer

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Stove Top
Cleaning Stains on a Smooth Stove Top
Glass Top Stove
Removing Burnt Food Stains on a Glass Top Stove