Cleaning a Stainless Steel Refrigerator

Removing all the prints, streaks and film that collect on your refrigerator can be challenging. This guide is about cleaning a stainless steel refrigerator.

October 8, 2007 Flag

How do you clean a stainless refrigerator?

Myra from Winter Park, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There are many types of stainless steel and then there are steel that have a stainless look. Stainless is made with different amount of alloys such as chrome and nickel and other elements.The lower alloyed stainless will rust but can be cleaned easily. Some appliances have what is called clean steel that gives a look of stainless.Those will not hold up as well as a good grade of stainless. To hold cost down manufactures will go with cheap materials.

I just bought a 24oz bottle of stainless steel cleaner spray from the 99cent store and it works great! It is made by Pro Power. I've seen them at stores for $4 on up for much smaller amount of ounces. Hope you can find some at the $1 store or a similar store.

Would you believe Pledge just came out with a new product in a can. You spray it on just like you would when using it to dust and wipe it off it work's great for me!

Many restaurants shine their stainless with WD-40.

Thanks to the person who recommended vinegar!! It really worked great followed by a little pledge or oil to bring back the "brushed" look of my stainless.

April 21, 2012 Flag

Help! I had marks on my stainless steel refrigerator that would not come off using any type of cleaner! I used a metal polish (the kind that looks like cotton saturated in wax) and now have marks that look black in different light. How can I get these marks off?

By Brenda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

To several of those that have many stainless appliances, WD-40 is the most wonderful cleaner & polisher. I use it on our stainless steel water fountain after I use vinegar to remove the lime build-up, it polishes & removes any smudges and helps to repel future marks & easier to clean the next time. WD-40 has many uses & this is only one of them. It does not remove any of the stainless steel.

October 8, 2007 Flag

Does anyone know how to remove hard water stains on a brushed stainless steel refrigerator?

Diana from Willow Creek, CA

Answers:

Cleaning a Brushed Stainless Steel Refrigerator

Diana,

I used to work in a restaurant that had a brushed stainless steel refrigerator. One of my jobs was to clean it every day. The boss had me pour pure mineral oil(this is very thick and has no fragrance) onto a soft cloth(we used bird'seye baby diapers) and wipe it down every night. The boss said mineral oil "feeds" stainless steel. I never knew what that meant but that fridge did look gorgeous! They used to sell pure mineral oil in drug stores, it was on the laxative shelf.

(05/24/2007)

By perfumed fan

I would suggest wiping the spots with vinegar. There is also a great stainless steel cleaner called Cameo that I use on my sinks -- that would probably work also. It's a powder and comes in a 'can' similar to Comet -- but it doesn't have bleach and is just for stainless steel. I found it in The Great Indoors store. (05/28/2007)

By

easy

1 pint warm water; add table spoon vinegar and soft soap and clean allsorts! Put in sink and add some bicarb and clean up the sink too. (05/29/2007)

By Uncle Tom's

My mom always rubbed our stainless steel oven with baby oil, so I guess after you clean it with vinegar, you may want to shine it with oil. (05/29/2007)

By Kathy

Home Depot and other big box stores as well as hardware stores sell stainless steel cleaners in an aerosol can that will clean your frig very well.Do not use powders as they act as an abrasive and will scratch the stainless steel surface. (05/29/2007)

By foxrun41

Stainless steel extractor hood and hob

Why have I got rust specks all over my stainless steel? (09/06/2007)

By Kerry

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The refrigerator door turned yellow - we assume from the sun.

It is a Samsung 2 door an is about 11 years old.

Tried lots, but unable to get the yellow to remove.

Any suggestions?

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJanuary 27, 2013
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 7:37:15 PM on 10.0.2.64 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.