Cleaning a Steam Iron Sole Plate

I have a film of junk on the bottom of my iron from an unknown source. Is there anyway to remove it or do I have to throw out my iron?

By Linda

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I'm guessing that the 'junk' on the sole plate is either spray starch or sizing, while the iron is warm, spray the plate with same, then use a non-scratching scrubber to remove the 'junk' residue. If that doesn't work, try Vinegar or Goop Off, but I'm pretty sure that the first method will work. (What else could it be?)

Once you clean the iron, heat it up to Warm and iron over a sheet of waxed paper. It will make the iron iron smoother. After the waxed paper, iron it on a paper towel to remove excess wax.

Yellow and white clothing iron next to a pile of clothes.
Cleaning a Clothes Iron
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJune 6, 2011
Sole meal on plate
Sole Recipes
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Wickker Paper Plate Holders
Using Paper Plate Holders
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:20:59 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.