Cleaning a Stovetop

The top of a range can develop stubborn baked-on spills that can be difficult to remove. This is a guide about cleaning a stovetop.

September 6, 2016 Flag

This morning, the weather was cool and I thought it would be a good time to clean the top of the kitchen stove. The large eye gets used a lot and over a period of time the stove top looks awful with baked on grease around the stove eye. To remove it, I use Easy Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner.

This is what I do to clean the stove top.

1. Raise the kitchen window and turn on the exhaust fan for plenty of ventilation.

2. Remove the drip pans and stove rings.

3. Lift the stove eyes and spray Easy-Off around the eye surfaces. Cover with Glad Cling Wrap. (I hold my breath while doing this.) Let sit for an hour or so. After 30 minutes, you can tell that the grime has loosened by rubbing it with your finger.

4. Put on rubber gloves. Remove the plastic wrap. Wipe up the grime with paper towels or disposable clothes.

5. Wipe surface clean with soapy dish cloth.

6. Replace drip pans and rings and enjoy your achievement.

Related Product:

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments

September 9, 2016 Flag

Cleaning an Enamel Stovetop

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a guide about cleaning an enamel stovetop. When cleaning your enamel stovetop you want to use methods and products that will not damage the finish.

February 8, 2012 Flag

Smooth Top Stove

The smooth top stove has eliminated the dreaded job of cleaning burners and drip pans. However, this surface does have its own challenges and precautions for cleaning. This is a guide about cleaning a smooth top stove.

November 8, 2011 Flag

Blue flame on gas stove burner

Food particles and grease build up on gas stove burners can effect your cooking and be unsightly. A clean burner will help with even heat distribution and the efficiency of your stove. This is a guide about cleaning the burners of a gas stove.

April 23, 2015 Flag

I have built up grease on my stovetop that is impossible to remove. Any ideas?

By Patsy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I use oven cleaner to spray the top,inside and the tile wall by the stove and it comes off. I use dollar store spray with windows wide open.

September 27, 2009 Flag

How do I clean baked grease on the back of a gas stove?
Thanks.

By J. Burden from Boulder, CO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I learned this from my aunt. She uses oven cleaner for cleaning the top of her gas stove and it looks brand new.

I clean mine with GooGone and a Magic Eraser.

I figured out that baking soda and vinegar work the best with a little elbow work.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJune 21, 2015
Products
Easy Off
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning an Enamel Stovetop
Cleaning an Enamel Stovetop
Blue flame on gas stove burner
Cleaning the Burners on a Gas Stove
rid dye
Dyeing Clothes on the Stovetop
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 1:11:56 AM on 10.0.1.26 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.