Cleaning a Toaster Oven

If your toaster oven gets lots of use then you probably have to clean it regularly. This a guide about cleaning a toaster oven.

October 8, 2009 Flag

How do I clean the inside of a toaster oven window? Is there a home remedy? I can't take the man-made chemicals. Does anyone know of any tried and true stuff that works? Thank you so much.

By Pamela from Sun Lakes (Chandler), AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Just before you go to bed at night take some paper towels or even couple layers of newspaper and lay them on the surface you want cleaned and pour or spray on some plain ammonia. Close the door and close the kitchen door if you can. In the morning wipe what you can, and use a plastic spatula to scrape off more. Wipe and rinse and dry and then put on baking soda dry and rub with a rag to get whats left, and of course, rinse and dry again.Line with foil and replace as it gets too yucky to save yourself the first process.

I believe Pamela wanted to know how to best clean the inside of her toaster oven window. I would like to know, too.

Use baking soda. I just cleaned my toaster oven this past weekend. The window was a mess. I just sprinkled some baking soda on it and used my wet dish cloth and it cleaned up super easy. I also used the baking soda on the grill thing that slides in and out that you put stuff on and it came super clean too. In fact it was so shiny clean, my husband just ate his Pop Tart at room temp because he didn't want to mess up the toaster. It looks brand new!

Definitely baking soda and vinegar, too! There's no way I would use ammonia in any appliance that heats food, or even the fridge for that matter :-o Even if you rinse it well there would still be some ammonia residue and, since you mentioned you can't take man-made chemicals in the first place, that's all the more reason not to use such a strong cleanser like ammonia!

Use a paint scraper or single edge razor blade it works on toaster ovens and regular oven glass doors.

I have used CLR it works great! Just attach a sprayer to the bottle and give it a quick squirt. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then wipe off.

March 2, 2014 Flag

Just moved into an apartment and the only oven is a convection/toaster oven. It is absolutely filthy! They even left the instruction booklet, but it says not to use abrasive oven cleaners. Help!

By Iceni

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I use a homemade cleaner and I also have a tip for saving time on cleaning it later! It's made cleaning our toaster oven soooo much easier. :)

http://purposefulproductions.blogsp ... ean-and-keep-clean-toaster-oven.html

November 4, 2011 Flag

My toaster oven always has crumbs in the bottom of it and crumbs also get in the bottom of the glass door. Not to mention that the glass door always looks stained by brown marks. I put foil on my grill pan, but not on the racks themselves. Please help me keep the racks, bottom, and glass cleaner longer. Thanks.

By Shirley aka Red from Livonia, MI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Use a magic eraser to clean the glass on your toaster oven. It does a fabulous job of taking all the brown stains off.

October 8, 2009 Flag

What is the best way to clean inside the bottom of a toaster oven? All that dried on gunk. Help.

Patty

Answers:

Cleaning A Toaster Oven

I put a cup of ammonia in my big oven for 24 hours and the next day it has softened up enough to get the spills and grease off without too much trouble. You put the cup of ammonia in a cold oven and remove it before cleaning, pouring it back into your bottle of ammonia. Older spills take another application or two. You could also do this method in your toaster oven and I would think that the gunk would scrap off easily. This way you are not spraying any liquids on. I hope you are able to get it clean without too much work.

(02/13/2005)

By Anonymous

Cleaning A Toaster Oven

There is usually a "door" on the bottom of the toaster oven. If you open it you can brush the crumbs off. If messy spills are there you could soak the area with a wet sponge until the stuff is softened then wipe it clean. (02/14/2005)

By Babs

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesFebruary 2, 2013
A messy toaster.
Cleaning a Toaster
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Chocolate chip cookies and milk.
Making Cookies in a Toaster Oven
white toaster
Cleaning Melted Plastic From a Toaster
🎉
🎄