Cleaning a Water and Ice Dispenser on Refrigerator Door

I have a fridge that dispenses ice and water on the outside door. How do I clean the inside of the dispenser? When I look up into the plastic of the dispenser, it is all black. How do I get in there to clean it? Thank you in advance.

By az2010 from East Hampton, MA

Answers:

You can try running distilled vinegar through the dispenser. Vinegar is a natural disinfectant and is non-toxic (unlike chemical cleaners). I am not sure it will get the black out if it is a mold, but it might. If it doesn't, you may need to call a repairman who would remove the dispenser and clean it for you. Good luck! (06/27/2009)

By obamabum

I appreciate the feedback, but it is not the hose that is black, it is the inside of the plastic that houses the water tube. How do you get in there to clean it? (06/28/2009)

By az2010

Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Refrigerator Water Dispenser
Repairing A Refrigerator's Water Dispenser
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
🎄