Cleaning a Wedding Dress

I pulled my wedding dress out of the closet and it has a smokey color all over it. I need to get it cleaned up but can't afford dry cleaning. Our 25 year anniversary is coming up and I would like my dress to look almost new. Any information would be helpful.

Thank you,
Pat

Answers:

Cleaning My Wedding Dress

Unfortunately, some fabrics change color over time. Storing clothing in plastic bags for many years speeds up oxidation or color change. Clothing should be stored in something breathable like a plain white sheet if it is not preserved in an acid free box with acid free paper. Congratulations to you and your husband for 25 years of marriage! Dry cleaning may or may not change the color of your bridal gown. Your gown from 25 years ago has added character (color change) and is no less beautiful today. Wear it with pride and joy that you made it to 25 years of marriage and it still fits! (02/26/2005)

By Mitch

Wedding Dress
Cleaning a Wedding Dress
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
Pink Wedding Dress
Dyeing a Wedding Dress
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
🎉
🎄