Cleaning a Wedding Dress

My wedding dress is made of satin with some lace overlay. I want to give it to my daughter, but it is too small for her to wear. I would like to clean it and use the fabric to make a quilt for her. I need help on how to properly clean the dress.

By Deborah from Georgetown, TX

Answers:

Cleaning a Wedding Dress

My Mom and Grandmother worked in the alterations department of a major department store in New Orleans back in the late 1940s through the 1960s. They put the wedding dresses in the sun to bleach the yellow out. Worked wonders for all the society ladies weddings. (10/23/2009)

By Frazzled Leslie

Cleaning a Wedding Dress

Use vinegar to clean the dress. I had underarm stains on mine, the vinegar works, just put it in the sun. After you apply the vinegar, it may take a few days. Re apply every day till spots ago away, good luck. (10/24/2009)

By kffrmw88

Wedding Dress
Cleaning a Wedding Dress
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
Pink Wedding Dress
Dyeing a Wedding Dress
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
🎄