Cleaning a Wedding Dress

I have a small issue; I have a beautiful wedding dress. I'm getting married May 22 of the year. My issue is I have tried my dress on like 3 times and from putting it on I have gotten some oil spots (dirt) from my hands on it. I wash my hands every time I touch my dress, but I don't know how to get it out.

The spots are on the tips of my dress. I love my dress. I hope someone can help me. I'm afraid I will leave water marks if I try to clean it myself.

By Daniella from Plattsburgh, NY

Answers:

Cleaning a Wedding Dress

I would imagine you will have to take it to the cleaners. I wouldn't try home remedies on something that expensive. Why try it on so many times, until it is time to see if it needs to be altered. After cleaning it, use white gloves whenever you touch it, if the fabric is that touchy that it shows spots every time that it is touched. (01/03/2010)

By redhatterb

Cleaning a Wedding Dress

I had to try the dress on once when I got it and once for the fitting and again for the fitting. The white gloves I new about, my mother told me to use them next time. But the dress is being changed to corset back then it's going to the cleaners, thanks. (01/03/2010)

By lilyrosebuds

Cleaning a Wedding Dress

If it is only a small spot, maybe you could put "white out" on it. You know the stuff you use when correcting a typing mistake. (02/15/2010)

By WIsgal

Wedding Dress
Cleaning a Wedding Dress
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
Pink Wedding Dress
Dyeing a Wedding Dress
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
🎄