Cleaning a Wood Deck

Was just wondering if anyone knew any thrifty way to clean a wood deck? Hopefully I can get rid of some of that grey color and brighten it up. Thanks in advance.

Suzanne

Answers:

Cleaning a Wood Deck

Use bleach to clean the deck and using a sprayer to put it on makes it easier. Let it sit for a bit and then wash off. It will be like new. (04/30/2005)

Cleaning a Wood Deck

Now this is just a thought, an online friend said she did this and it worked, so I'm just taking her word for it. She bought a small can of stain (comes in various colors) at the hardware store, she let it soak in after she applied it with a sponge mop. Then she put two coats of varnish on it, again with a sponge mop and she said it's easier to maintain now. (05/02/2005)

By MrsMoted2

Cleaning a Wood Deck

My son-in-law used a power sprayer, a very forceful one and the deck looked new. I have no idea what they cost, but you could probably rent one for a day at an equipment rental place. (05/02/2005)

By Beverly in TN

Cleaning a Wood Deck

First you need to wash it with wood soap and then stain it to protect the wood. (05/03/2005)

By Suzie

Cleaning a Wood Deck

The Olympic brand deck cleaner does have bleach in it, but I am unsure of the ratio. Do not put straight bleach on your deck unless you want a white deck. (06/21/2005)

By Vball

Cleaning a Wood Deck

Rent a powerwasher, but don't over do it were the wood might be splintering. (08/23/2006)