Cleaning the Outside of a Stainless Steel Coffee Percolator

I have seen a lot of solutions for cleaning the inside of a pot, but the outside of my pot has grease (from frying bacon I assume) and coffee stains that cling and I can't get them off. Any suggestions? Thanks.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Use a Magic Eraser. It can be a knock off. It will take all the grease and dirt off. I posted something about this and I have pictures of a steel teakettle I found at a thrift shop. They only charged me $2

because it was so dirty. The lady who worked there gave me the fabulous advice to use the Magic Eraser.

Run through a pot of water of baking soda and water. A full pot of water and a 1/2 cup of baking soda. I clean my coffee maker once a month this way. Then you can use the water to clean the outside using paper towels dipped into the water and baking soda.

I use baking soda for cleaning all sorts of things. You could try that or vinegar? I would scrub gently though if using the baking soda.

Make a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and apply to the surface. Allow to sit for a few hours. Remove and scrub with a non-metal scrubber.

Just use whatever cleaner you normally use to take off burnt-on stains. Ammonia or oven cleaner would be my choice.

Going organic? Use vinegar soak it with vinegar and then scrub with two breasts or Brillo pad.

Bar Keepers Friend may work. It is mildly acidic. Best of luck.

Stainless Steel Coffee Pot
Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 8:09:25 PM on 10.0.2.108 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.