Cleaning the Stove Hood

I have one of these range hoods that stick out over my stove. It is constantly greasy. What do you all use to clean the top of the range hood? I forgot to mention that this one has been painted with appliance paint. I didn't get it new. How can I keep it free of grease?

By Eve from Gulf Coast, MS

Answers:

Cleaning the Stove Hood

I take a wet rag and squirt some dishwashing soap on it then wash the range hood. Then I rinse out the rag and use clear water a couple times, then I take a dry rag or towel and wipe it off. There is no way to keep it from getting greasy, but I have found this method to work really well. (12/29/2009)

By redhatterb

Cleaning the Stove Hood

I use vinegar to clean everything in the kitchen. (12/29/2009)

By kffrmw88

Cleaning the Stove Hood

When we moved into a different house I used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the tub surround and on the range hood. I don't like harsh chemicals, but I was desperate. It even took off "run" stains that seemed to be burned right into the metal hood. Otherwise I, too, use vinegar (somewhat diluted) to clean everything in the kitchen. (12/30/2009)

By syntoniser

Cleaning the Stove Hood

Awesome makes a degreaser that you can buy in the dollar stores. It's just like Grease Release that you used to be able to buy. If your hood keeps getting greasy, well then it's doing it's job and keeping all that yuck off your walls and ceilings. (12/31/2009)

By Beth

Cleaning the Stove Hood

I found that using the hand sanitizer on a paper towel cuts right thru the grease on just about anything! Please, let it air our and dry for at least 15 minutes before using the stove because of alcohol fumes. (01/02/2010)

By Terry

Cleaning the Stove Hood
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Stove Hood
Cleaning a Stove Hood
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Range Hood Filter
Cleaning a Range Hood Filter
🎉
🎄