Clear Blister on Dog's Skin

Category Health
A blister on a dog's skin.
If you have a clear looking blister on your dog's skin, it may be cyst. This is a guide about clear blister on dog's skin.

We recently shaved our Chow Chow and we found a clear blister under her coat, on her left shoulder. As you can see, it is rather large. It doesn't appear to be a pimple or have any pus inside, and I think that cysts are usually skin colored. Does anyone have any advice?

Answers

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice. I did a bit of research online and also contacted a friend that works for a veterinarian. We think it is a apocrine sweat gland cyst.

"Single, round, smooth nodules with no hair; may appear bluish; usually filled with a watery liquid; most common on head, neck, and limbs."

It sounds like they are not a cause for concern unless they change size rapidly or cause the dog discomfort. It has gotten smaller and seems to be absorbing itself, but I'm still I am going to talk to the vet during our next appointment.

Here is a more recent picture.

Petmd.com has a table with all sorts of causes for this. It seems that the best thing to do is to visit the vet, who may biopsy it and remove it. http://www.pete … 2111&aid=426

Might be a bacterial infection or even a tick bite as it is that season