Clear Iodine

Where can I find clear iodine? I have looked in just about every store in our town and no one has it.

Lynn from Big Stone Gap, VA

Answers:

Clear Iodine

Did you try a health store? Maybe call your doctor's office and ask them where to purchase. (03/11/2009)

By Deeli

Clear Iodine

I used to use clear iodine to help my fingernails grow stronger and it works wonderfully. I would go to a drug store and ask the pharmacist. I have gotten it that way for years. Hope it works out for you. (03/11/2009)

By sassier299

Clear Iodine

The Sam's Club Pharmacist ordered a bottle for me in January 2009. I bought my first bottle two or three years ago, on eBay (which the seller got from Mexico) after reading about it helping soft problem fingernails in Heloise's Hints in the newspaper.

My fingernails at the time were very soft and and would peel off in layers like nail polish. The white iodine worked a miracle on them. I used it every day for a week and then once a week for a month and now only once a month. Heloise did not recommend using it every day after the first week due to it making the nails too brittle. It's also known as white iodine or colorless iodine in case you try to check it out on Google, eBay, or Amazon. (03/11/2009)

By Kathryen

Clear Iodine

I ask for it in my Walgreen Pharmacy and they order it. It is not a stock item as there is little use for it. (03/11/2009)

By Angellface

Clear Iodine

Same thing here, at both Walgreen's and CVS you must ask for Colorless Iodine at the pharmacy counter. It is not out on the store shelves. (03/12/2009)

By SieraStar