Clearing a Sluggish Sink

How do you clear a sluggish sink?

Larry from Elgin, IL

Answers:

Clearing a Sluggish Sink

I have a small size plunger that I use regularly on our kitchen and bathroom sinks. I've never had to use any chemical decloggers. It's not always pleasant to see what comes up when you plunge, but it's better than putting all those pollutants into the water supply. And it saves a lot of money. You can buy a sink-size plunger for under five dollars. (11/24/2008)

By Ree 127

Clearing a Sluggish Sink

My plumber suggests that once per month I put Dawn dish washing liquid in the drain of the sink and follow it with a large pot of boiling water. It must be Dawn; other brands aren't as good. This works for me and I have never had another slow drain since doing this. I squeeze about 1/4 cup of Dawn before the boiling water. (11/24/2008)

By sdw209

Clearing a Sluggish Sink

1/2-3/4 box of baking soda and 1/2 gallon of white vinegar. Let it foam and do it's magic and leave for an hour. Follow it with lots of very, very hot water. Does wonders for our sink. (11/25/2008)

By manintveld_nl

Clearing a Sluggish Sink

When all else fails use boiling water poured down the drain. (11/25/2008)

By texman

Clearing a Sluggish Sink

The baking soda and vinegar is a secret ingredient that a lot of plumbers use. Make sure you do not stand right over the sink drain when you pour the vinegar in over top of the baking soda because the fumes do come up and it's not a pleasant experience. (11/25/2008)

By floridagal

Clearing a Sluggish Sink

You definitely don't want to use "any" chemicals (Drano or similar) unless you have all PVC pipes. The chemicals corrode metal pipes. (11/25/2008)

By Deeli

Clearing a Sluggish Sink

My plumber told me long ago, that once a month pour a cup of white vinegar down your drain, to help the flow, and also helps with smells. (11/25/2008)

By Glinda

Clearing a Clogged Bathtub Drain, Pulling Hair From Clogged Drain
Clearing a Clogged Bathroom Sink
Sink drain with water running into sink.
Clearing a Clogged Kitchen Sink Drain
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄