Clorox Ready Mop

I'd like to purchase the Clorox Ready Mop, but I think I remember seeing a tip in your newsletter about where to purchase it less than retail. Do you know what stores offer it for less money?

I think I read in your newsletter that the Clorox Ready Mop canister can be refilled when the solution runs out and that a new canister does not have to be purchased each time, do you know if this is correct? I read that the Swiffer Wet will only take a new Swiffer canister when the solution runs out, which is a huge consumer rip-off.

Do you have any information on these two questions before I purchase the Clorox Ready Mop. Also, your readers may want to know that the Clorox Ready Mop website gives a $5 printable rebate coupon.

Clorox Ready Mop/Swiffer Wet

I saw the Clorox Ready Mops and Swiffer Wet Mops at WalMart. From what I could see, the Clorox ones would be refillable, but the Swiffer ones didn't appear to be. There might be some way to get the cap off to refill it, but without owning one I couldn't say for sure. (04/09/2002)

By Susan

Clorox Ready Mop/Swiffer Wet

I made my own wet mop by purchasing the head of a sanding pole (they use these to sand drywall). The Harrington brand with the screw clamps work the best. This will fit on a standard mop or broom handle. I then attached a swivel cup holder to the handle with zip ties. Fill a spray bottle with cleaner cut a terry cloth towel to fit the sanding head and you have a very inexpensive version. The total cost was 5.99. I recycled everything, but the sanding head. My husband laughs and calls it my hillbilly Swiffer, but hey I saved a ton. (06/29/2004)

By Candy

Clorox Ready Mop/Swiffer Wet

Swiffer Wet Jet Bottles can be refilled by drilling a hole in the bottom and putting in a cork which will then allow you to refill as needed. (01/07/2005)

By Cami C.

Clorox Ready Mop/Swiffer Wet

I too bought the Swiffer and love it, however the bottle of solution doesn't last long and can't be refilled. I just happen to prefer to mop with Mr. Clean anyway, so I just got a squirt bottle and filled it with my own solution and squirt what I need on the floor and start mopping. The pads are great if your floors aren't too dirty, but living on a farm, I need to use more pads and they get used up pretty fast and are very expensive. Sometimes I'll squirt the solution on the floor, then put several paper towels on the floor and swish them around with my feet to get up the heaviest dirt, then finish off with the Swiffer pad. (02/01/2005)

By darween

Clorox Ready Mop/Swiffer Wet

Clorox is a dangerous chemical. It's vapors are toxic.
With all the toxic chemical we now us in our homes,
is it no wonder that now our children are more likely
to have asthma or cancer then 50 years ago.
Use vinegar and water with a bit of tea tree oil for
you household cleaning. It is cheaper and safer.

Editor's Note: Green cleaning is the best. You can refill the Swiffer Wet Jet bottle with vinegar and water and use rags for the pads. (05/07/2007)

By Jim

Clorox Ready Mop/Swiffer Wet

I use the recipe from this site to make a Green and safe refill for my Clorox ReadyMop. The vinegar makes the cleaner not streak on laminate flooring, and gives it a little shine; plus it is safe for people and pets, and it is also a great window cleaner. (06/02/2009)

By hoptownracer1

Saving Money on Clorox Ready and Swiffer Mop Refills
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Steam Mop
Using a Steam Mop
spray bottle
Homemade "Clorox Cleanup" Recipes
Spin Mop
Spin Mop Product Reviews