Clothes Dryer Tips

Category Clothing
Clothes Dryer
There are a few ways to save electricity and help you get your clothes drying done. This guide contains clothes dryer tips.

The biggest mistake I found I have made in doing my laundry is letting the dryer cool off in between loads! It dawned on me that each time that happens the dryer has to be REHEATED, starting all over. If you pay closer attention as you empty one dryer load and have the next one ready to go to save a little bit of that heat!

I am still using my cousin's washer/dryer that came with the house and it is older, the timer is broken on the dryer so I don't start loads at bedtime or when I will be gone because it can't shut itself off! When I know the load is small and requires less dry time after I know the dryer is warm enough, I shut it off and let it finish drying with the heat already inside it, the same as do when I bake in the oven. Then hang the clothes up on hangers on a rod so they won't be as wrinkled if they are at all!

The second biggest mistake I make in the laundry room is using too much SOAP! After stain treatment, my laundry isn't all that dirty to require the full measure of soap so I find that 1/2 the cup is plenty. When I open the lid to stop the cycle and look, there are always lots of suds even though I am cutting back on the soap! Sometimes I will mix an off brand with a better brand and I am just as satisfied with the results!

By melody_yesterday

Throw 1 or 2 clean dry towels into your dryer along with your clothes. The dry towels absorb the excess moisture in the wet laundry which speeds up the drying process.

There is a "cool down" period at the end of most dryer cycles. To save energy, do not let your laundry spin through this part of the cycle if you are drying consecutive loads. Your dryer will have to reheat for the next load, wasting energy.

Clothes wrinkle quickly when the dryer stops. When you put in a load to be dried, set a timer that you can carry with you to a place where you will be able to hear it. No more forgotten and wrinkled clothes!

By Syd

If you think drying smaller loads in the dryer is thrifty, think again. The tumbling effect is reduced, thus prolonging the drying period.