Clothing Wetter Than Normal After Washing

My clothes come out wetter than before in the wash. It seems like the spin cycle doesn't work, or it's just not draining the water out right anymore. Any advice?

Frank from Lake Peekskill, NY

Answers:

Your sink may not be draining fast enough and the water is going back into the washer through the hose.

I recently had this exact same problem. Once I cleared the clog in my drain that was causing it to drain slowly, no more water was remaining in my clothes or in the bottom of my washer. (05/18/2007)

By Gina

My hubby is a appliance repairman so this is it, either as the advice before, your drain is backing up, or your pump is going out and could be your clothes or not spinning. If you can watch it for a whole load of wash to see what is doing or not doing. If not you will have to get a repairman in to fix unless you can do some repairs. Good luck.

Dar in Texas (05/18/2007)

By lazidd

You may have something caught in your washer pump that is not letting the water all spin out. When I worked with appliance repair people we called it "a sock in the pump". I have even taken t shirts out of the pump. Sometimes the water will not spin out at all; that is when something is caught in your pump, but it may just be something small not letting it spin out properly. A repair man can fix it in no time. I know it is unbelievable what repairmen cost now. (05/18/2007)

By Mary Ann

I found a baby sock in the pump of my washer. I removed it myself by removing the pump and taking it apart. That was from an old washer many years ago. Figured I didn't have anything to lose at the time and had lots of wash to do. I've also had the drain clogged so the water would go back into the washer. Could be either one.

Susan from ThriftyFun (05/18/2007)

By ThriftyFun

Once I had this problem it was the intake of the washer leaking. If I got the clothes out fast after the load stopped they weren't wet. It was dripping water as they sat there. Check that. Also you can put them on spin only for the time being to get them spun out for the dryer. (05/18/2007)

By Patti

Pressure Washing a House
Pressure Washing Your House
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Closeup of African American Man with Dreadlocks
Washing Dreadlocks
Hand Washing Delicate Clothing
Hand Washing Delicate Clothing
🎄