Coffee Mug Cake Recipes

A personal cake can be made in a coffee mug. This page contains coffee mug cake recipes.

Chocolate Mug Cake
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

This is the best tasting mug cake ever! I'm very sensitive to mug cakes, mostly because they never taste like cake. They usually have an odd, goopy texture and smell weird. This one is my favourite by far, and it only has 3 ingredients and takes two minutes in the microwave!

Approximate Time: 5 minutes

Yield: 2 servings3 Ingredient Cookie Mug Cake

• 8 sandwich cookies (I used mint for a grasshopper taste)
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup milk
3 Ingredient Cookie Mug Cake

1. Crush the sandwich cookies in a food processor or put them in a plastic bag and smash them with a rolling pin. Pour them in a bowl.
  2. 3 Ingredient Cookie Mug Cake
  3. Add baking powder and mix well.
  4. 3 Ingredient Cookie Mug Cake
  5. Add milk and mix well.
  6. 3 Ingredient Cookie Mug Cake
  7. Grease a microwave safe cup with oil cooking spray. Pour batter into the cup. Microwave for 2 minutes.
  8. 3 Ingredient Cookie Mug Cake
  9. Let cool for five minutes. Add a cookie or whipped cream to the top (or both).
  10. 3 Ingredient Cookie Mug Cake
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Last year at Christmas time, I needed something to give out to 16 employees. I looked for something personal and affordable. I had seen the 5 minute chocolate cake recipe and had made one. It was simply delicious and way too easy to make.

Time was running out so I gathered all the ingredients, and made up pouches to go into mugs I had bought at a local salvage yard really cheap. I added the recipe tag and gave each girl a mug with a Christmas theme on it for a gift. I added some cute Christmas themed clip art to the tag and some darling curling ribbon bows.

This is probably the cheapest gift I have ever given anyone. I got lots of wonderful comments on it. If you would like to try it, here is the recipe and the tag to add to it.

• 4 Tbsp. cake flour
  • 4 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. cocoa
  • 1 Mug

Directions

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Put into a baggie and tie shut. Put the baggie inside the mug and give it a little curling ribbon or decorative bow.

On a tag add the following: To this mixture add one egg, 3 tablespoons milk, and 3 tablespoons oil. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy.

By maphisx7 from Gordonsville, VA

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When you need a quick delicious dessert for one or two. Mix these ingredients in a mug, microwave 3 minutes and it's done!

Five Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Approximate Time: 5 minutes

Yield: one or two per mug

• 1 coffee mug
  • 4 Tbsp plain flour
  • 4 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 Tbsp baking cocoa
  • 1 egg
  • 3 Tbsp milk
  • 3 Tbsp oil
  • splash of vanilla
  • 3 Tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
Five Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

1. Add dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa) into cup and mix together. Add egg and mix.
  2. Add milk, oil and vanilla and mix. If adding chocolate chips, add them at this time.
  3. Place mug in microwave and cook for 3 minutes. The cake will rise over the mug but mine never spilled over. Just watch it and don't be alarmed when it rises high.
  4. Allow the mug to cool. I ran a knife around the inside of the cup and the cake came right out or you may eat it right from the mug. The chips will be soft, hot and wet, sort of like a molten cake mix.
  5. Five Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
  6. At this point you may sprinkle powdered sugar, add a dollop of ice cream or just eat it as is. It's moist enough.

Now you can have chocolate cake any time of the day in only 5 minutes. You're welcome! : )

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Mix dry ingredients first in a med/large coffee mug, then add the wet ones. Microwave for 3 minutes in a 1000 watt nuker. Instant and easy 5 minute chocolate cake!

I am not a cake connoisseur but this is tasty and definitely quick and also thrifty because you don't have to bake an entire cake (which might not all be eaten before spoiling) to fulfill a craving. If you like small portions, it's good for two servings.

I've lost the recipe for the coffee cup cake. Please help me find it again.

By Cookie from TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Diet Alfredo Sauce using a quart of fat free half and half. Thicken fat free half and halfwith cornstarch by placing 2 heaping Tbsp. of cornstarch in 1 cup cold fat free half and half and stir thoroughly. When the remainder of the fat free half and half comes to a slow boil on the stove, add the cornstarch mixture. It will thicken. Next add 1 cup of your favorite Parmesan cheese, 8 oz. of fat free cream cheese and garlic powder and salt to taste.

Read More Answers...

Mix ingredients in mug and bake in microwave for 3 minutes. To make a pudding, add Whiskey/Brandy/Liquor to pudding when taken out of oven and add a dollop of cream.

I found this new recipe which is not probaby new to you guys, but it is to me. It is the cup cake that you bake in the microwave, perfect for me. I tried it out today, and it was great!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am looking fro the recipe for a 5 minute chocolate mug cake.

By hamnurse from Thonotosassa, FL

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

• 4 Tbps. flour
  • 4 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. cocoa
  • 1 egg
  • 3 Tbsp. milk
  • 3 Tbsp. oil
  • 3 Tbsp. chocolate chips (optional)
  • a small splash of vanilla extract
  • 1 large coffee mug
Add dry ingredients in mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watt power.
This cake will rise over the top--do NOT be alarmed. Allow to cool and tip out of cup if desired. (05/24/2009)

By Mellinda62

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Here's a sugar free version. I make it ALL the time as I can't have sugar. Of course not quite the same as the sugar'd version but for me, hey, tasted sooo good. I get so many recipes (including this one) off of a site called:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/search?q=5+min+cake

Shelly's 5 Minute Chocolate Protein Cake

• 1 Egg, beaten
  • 3 Tbsp. Milk
  • 2 Tbsp. Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup (I may use white chocolate, hazelnut or any variety but should go well with a chocolate taste)
  • 2 Tbsp. Canola Oil
  • 3 Tbsp. Multigrain Pancake Mix (I use the lighter Bisquik)
  • 2 Tbsp. Cocoa
  • 1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
  • Pinch salt
  • 1 - 2 cup Measuring Cup or Microwave Safe Mug
In a measuring cup or microwave safe mug, Mix egg, milk, syrup and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, cocoa, protein powder and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined. Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes (my microwave is getting old and needs 20 seconds added now.) Let it sit for three or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate. Yields 4-5 slices. Place cookie cutter in the center of each slice and cut out shapes. Leftover cake scraps are great tossed into a batch of Protein Ice Cream (05/24/2009)

By Trundgirl

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Also, go to this link for some other Five Minute Chocolate Mug ideas/recipe variances :-)

http://www.thriftyfun.com/search.ldml?q=dangerous+chocolate+mug+cake (05/27/2009)

By Deeli

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

This is much better with brown sugar instead of white and 3 Tbsp sultanas, and in my 1000W microwave It's only 2 minutes, 40 seconds (12/09/2009)

By Ausjulie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Ingredients

• 4 Tbsp. flour
  • 4 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. cocoa
  • 1 egg
  • 3 Tbsp. milk
  • 3 Tbsp. oil
  • 2-3 Tbsp. milk chocolate chips (optional)
  • A small splash of vanilla extract
  • 1 large coffee mug

Directions

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil. Mix again well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed.

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. Eat. This makes a generous serving for two. If you're a chocoholic, watch out. With this recipe you are only five minutes away from a deliciously, decadent dessert.

Note: I sprayed the mug with a little Baker's Joy to insure its coming out more easily. I also think I'll add chopped nuts next time. My grandson and I made one tonight and it was scrumptious with some vanilla ice cream on the side.

Source: This recipe was given to me by a dear friend who has raised five children. I'm sure she has to be very creative with her cooking.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

I make this in a Land O Lakes spreadable butter container. It is oblong and since it has a lid I can turn it out on a plate and slice it into four or five slices, take one and put the rest back into the tub for the next day. The lid keeps it moist and it is so yummy. Sure I could eat the whole thing at once and I have, but then it is no longer a treat. I need to use the tread mill twice as long to make up for the extra calories. (01/30/2009)

By Edith

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

I changed the recipe and the cake doesn't boil over and comes out fluffier not gooey. I omitted the egg. I also used heaping Tablespoons of the cocoa. I've also added a dash of salt, and a spoonful of chopped nuts and a spoonful of mini chocolate chips.(2-3 Tbsp). I sprinkled it with powdered sugar before serving.
Use a 12 ounce mug, or near to that.

(01/31/2009)

By karifl

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Edith, not all plastic containers are safely microwaveable. The #5 type are, but I don't think #1 or #2 are. (01/31/2009)

By Nance

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesNovember 7, 2012
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Mug Jam
Making Coffee Mug Jam
DIY_Sharpie_Mug
DIY Sharpie Mug
Plain white mug for coffee or tea.
Decorating a Mug
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 13, 2016 at 10:24:03 PM on 10.0.0.111 in 646 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.