Coke Cherry Salad

I remember my Aunt making this yummy treat in the hot summer months! It only takes a very few minutes to make, at any time of the year. Just 5 ingredients. I have shared this recipe with so many people! I even made some for a baby shower, it was a big hit :) Everyone kept asking what exactly was in it, LOL

• 1/2 cup water
  • 2 (3 oz.) pkgs. cherry jello
  • 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple
  • 3/4 cup cola
  • 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling

Drain pineapple using just the juice, pour the juice in a saucepan (can also use the microwave.) Add the water to the pineapple juice and bring to a boil.

Add the jello, stir until it's dissolved, then stir in the cola and the cherry pie filling. Pour into a serving bowl. Put the bowl into the refrigerator, check to make sure it is slightly thickened.

Take out of refrigerator and fold in the saved pineapple, put back into refrigerator until firm.

Servings: 10-12
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes

Source: My Aunt wrote down this recipe for me when I was about 11 years old. I think she may have gotten it from her Mother, my Grandmother. Sadly both of them have passed away.

By Patricia from Bay City, MI

Cherry Coke Salad
Food and Recipes Recipes Salads FruitJune 15, 2011
A cup of coke spilling.
Cleaning Coke Stains From Clothing
diet cola
Removing Diet Coke Stains From Clothing
A bunch of cherries still on the tree.
Using Up Your Cherry Harvest
Photo of cherries hanging on a cherry tree.
Growing Cherries (Cherry Trees)