Cold Sandwich Recipes

Cold Sandwich Recipes
Whether for a school or work lunch, or as an alternative to a burger on a warm day, cold sandwiches can be creative and delicious. This page contains cold sandwich recipes.

These are excellent cold sandwiches on these hot days!

• 1/2 cup chopped, pared apples, preferably Golden Delicious
  • 2 cups cooked boned chicken or turkey, cubed
  • Ad
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
  • 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
  • 3 Tbsp. French dressing
  • 16 slices buttered bread (not rye)

Directions:

Combine all ingredients except bread, and toss. Chill at least one hour. Spread between slices of bread.

Servings: 8
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0 Minutes

By Robin from Washington, IA

Does anyone have a recipe for cream cheese sandwiches? My husband takes his lunch to work, but deli meat is getting expensive. Also, I thought it would be nice for him to have something other than ham and cheese every week.

Thanks.

Lisa from Concord, NH

Cream cheese and chopped green olives is great as is cream cheese and jelly. But if you like ham or roast beef, cook them on the weekend and use leftovers for sandwiches -- much, much cheaper than deli meats and better, I think. I make ham salad with leftover ham steak and chicken salad with leftover roasted chicken. (A really easy way to "roast" a chicken is to put the whole washed chicken in a dry crockpot. Add nothing. Just let it cook and you have great cooked chicken meat for recipes.)

I have hens so we have egg salad which is very economical as is something yummy like peanut butter and sliced bananas. There's also tuna but only when it's on sale :)

I forgot: Salami and cream cheese is really tasty! You can also roll cream cheese up into cones of salami for an easy appetizer that everyone seems to love.

I like cream cheese on whole wheat bread with just about anything! Drain and stir in a small can of chopped olives, then spread on the bread. Spread softened cream cheese on bread, then top with sliced, peeled cucumbers and an optional sprinkle of salt. Put the top slice on. Cream cheese is fabulous with strawberry jam! You could also try green olives mixed in the cream cheese, sliced fruit such as bananas or grapes, honey and nuts, onion soup mix or vegetable soup mix. Peanut butter on one slice of bread and cream cheese on the other. Have fun!

Cream cheese and olive is a CLASSIC sandwich. Can be a tea sandwich (with crusts cut off), but for a satisfying lunch, use a variety of breads. I use the green olives (stuffed with pimentos) sliced. Mmmm. A favorite!

This is not cream cheese, but- -how about a scrambled egg sandwich? Just beat the egg (in a bowl or cup, as you would for a scrambled egg. Put it into the skillet and do not sitr it. when it is cooked on one side just flip it and cook on second side. Put onto bread slice, folding edges in to fit and place 2nd slice of bread on top. (Use a little mayo, or salad dressing on bread if desired.) This is a favorite sandwich with my whole family.

Oh, I forgot to mention another favorite. When you make a meatloaf, be sure to make extra (hide some before serving if necessary to save it). Slice the cold meatloaf the thickness for a sandwich, use a little mayo, or sandwich spread of choosing.

I always make at least double meatloaf, as it freezes beautifully. I can either warm it for a full meal or use it to make sandwiches.

I mix 8 oz. package cream cheese, drained 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, and few chopped pecans.

Mama used to make these and they were good. Let cream cheese get to room temp. Add some grated cucumber and mayo and spread on bread. Also used to cut up marachino cherries, little granulated sugar and mayo to use as a spread also. It may not sound good but it is! LOL