Courtney from Birmingham, AL
Depending on your degrees, you might try to theme the party around your future professions.
For instance, a financial type degree, use chocolate coins in candy dishes, and make printouts on your computer of money for place mats.
Nurse-go for medical theme
You can design a lot on a computer to print out and using card stock you can create the invitations, place mats, or scan your diploma and use it as a place mat.
Let us know what your degrees are and surely someone can come up with something unique.
I'm in the same situation. Some cool ideas I have found are:
1) Have a customized yard sign made (about $16). You can find it at www.graduationparty.com
2) Buy a graduation dog or other item you can find on the internet that your guests can sign that you can keep.
3) Gather pictures you have taken throughout your time at college and make a slide show presentation using Windows Movie Maker and play it for your guests at the party.
4) Order a customized cake at your local bakery and have them include a photo of the two of you on it.
5) Have the guests sign the inside of your graduation caps and write a short message (great keepsake).
6) Present your guests with certificates of appreciation (for those who have helped the two of you during college). You can order them for cheap on the internet and have them personalized.
Hope this helps!! (10/14/2007)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!