Color Advice for Kitchen Counter Tops

I need help with the color of our kitchen countertop! We had white cabinets and dark navy blue walls. We just did the tile floors a tan/beige neutral color. We are stumped on what color to go with on the countertops. The countertops will be against white board and white cabinets and navy walls!

R Noah from Northern KY

Answers:

Color Advice for Kitchen Counter Tops

I think a nice timber effect would be nice in a shade close to your new floor. Timber has a timeless appeal and co-ordinates with pretty much anything. (01/08/2007)

By jojo

Color Advice for Kitchen Counter Tops

Do you have a Menards store in Northern, KY? They have little squares of laminate color samples that you can take home with you. Then you could lay them out on the counter top and see which ones you like best. If you don't have a Menards, I would just go to the paint department and pick out the paint sample cards and try laying those out on the counter top. I think that a nice beige/tan color to match your flooring would look nice; but you never know, next to the white cabinetry it may look dingy. I picture a nice blue that coordinates with the wall color, are you thinking laminate counter tops, granite, or tile? I have to tell you, I just had a tile counter top installed and I have never had tile before. I really don't like it at all, the grout lines are always needing cleaning because stuff just sticks in them, and I always have to bleach the grout even though I had used a sealer. Just something to consider when deciding on a counter top! (01/08/2007)

By Persnickety Paula

Color Advice for Kitchen Counter Tops

I'd match the counters to the new flooring. (01/12/2007)

By carol in PA

Color Advice for Kitchen Counter Tops

Our bathroom is navy with white cabinets. We found that a peachy/tan/beige is a nice balance for the navy. Even if your floor is a tan color, use the same or something in that same family- just a little darker or lighter.
(01/12/2007)

By Kat

Color Advice for Kitchen Counter Tops

I would choose a light brown, speckled with colors, (have seen black/green/etc speckled-lovely) so its a "basic" and if you change your wall color? (01/12/2007)

By eyelovecats

Color Advice for Kitchen Counter Tops

Grey. Try silestone leather finish amazon grey or concrete. (01/26/2007)

By designer 7

Kitchen Countertop
Kitchen Countertop Color Advice
Choosing Kitchen Backsplash
Choosing Kitchen Backsplash Color
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
Recycled Summer Top
Recycled Summer Tops
Yellow Bathroom Floor
Bathroom Floor Color Advice
🎄