Color Advice for Kitchen Counter Tops

In my kitchen, I have natural oak floors, natural maple cabinets and white appliances. Would a black counter top look good?

Suset from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Color Advice for Kitchen Counter Tops

When a hurricane gave me the chance to remodel my kitchen, I installed maple cabinets, tile floors in a beige that had grayish undertones, used a laminate that was a very close match to my floor color as my backsplash on all the wall surface underneath my cabinets, a wonderful shade of paint of blue with purplish undertones for the wall surfaces, and black granite countertops. WOW! With the crown moulding and baseboard that matches the cabinets and the flat black hardware I chose, it is gorgeous beyond my wildest dreams. Not for one single second have I ever regretted going with black countertops! They make my kitchen POP!

Because not all of our appliances were ruined in the storm, I still have my white refrigerator and dishwasher, but I replaced my ruined stove and oven with black double ovens, and a black glass cooktop with black range hood. I also have a black microwave. I don't mind the look of the white dishwasher and fridge, but when it's time to replace them, I'll be going with black to make the kitchen look more polished and coordinated. (02/19/2007)

By Jill

Color Advice for Kitchen Counter Tops

There are many good suggestions in the responses here for colors, but whatever you do, don't use black or dark colors, even if they coordinate well with the wood, wall color, etc. There is nothing harder to keep clean than dark counters, stoves, and other appliances in a kitchen. It shows lint, dust, flour, sugar, oil, fingerprints, and whatever else comes in close contact! Been there, done that, and hated it! (02/19/2007)

By Thissie

Color Advice for Kitchen Counter Tops

I am trying to fix up my kitchen some and can't decide on the walls and the counter tops. The cabinets are going to be painted white because I can't afford new ones right now. I think that a new wall color and new counter top will work wonders. I just don't know what colors to choose. I have been thinking that yellow walls and butcher block counter tops would be okay, but am not sure. Any ideas? (02/21/2007)

By Susan

Kitchen Countertop
Kitchen Countertop Color Advice
Choosing Kitchen Backsplash
Choosing Kitchen Backsplash Color
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
Recycled Summer Top
Recycled Summer Tops
Yellow Bathroom Floor
Bathroom Floor Color Advice
🎄