Color Bled on White Clothing

I had a mishap with the washing machine. I accidentally washed something pink with an off-white tank top and jacket which are now slightly pink. How do I get the pink out of my clothing?

Starrling from Tempe, AZ

Color Bled on Karate Suits

Soak for 24 to 48 hours in Napisan or other brand of baby napkin, (diaper) or laundry soaker. Ensure it says its safe for coloured articles on the label.

By Jo Bodey

Color Bled on White Clothing

Sometimes all I have to do when red clothes bleed into whites or lights is... simply re-wash the stained clothing in the machine with a bleach-alternative detergent. (as in XYZ Detergent with Bleach Alternative). Often it works for me if done immediately. (01/24/2006)

By kidsNclutter

Color Bled on White Clothing

The Rit Dye folks make a Color Remover that you might try. I think it's less than $2 a box. (01/25/2006)

By Claudia-MD

Color Bled on White Clothing

Sometimes just re-washing the stained items works! Also, hanging out in the sun. Or, soaking (or re-washing) in water with some bleach added. Last resort, Oxy cleaner, sometimes it works, sometimes not; or rubbing alcohol if the stains are localized enough to use a q-tip, but it could remove the base color too.

Warning - I used the special dye remover made for removing colors that have bled onto colored items (my stained items were all whites except one blouse that had a pale blue base), and it removed all of the blue color from my blouse, and then transferred it to the other clothes all over again, dying everything. Thankfullly that "dye job" was weak and the sun bleached most of it out. (07/07/2006)

By Anna

Color Bled on White Clothing
Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
White tank top with black trim.
Whitening Multi-Colored Clothing
Washing Machine
Cleaning Fabric Dye from Inside a Washer
Woman with White Hair
Caring for White Hair
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 23, 2016 at 12:08:21 AM on in 932 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.