Color Bled on White Clothing

I washed some white clothing with my girlfriends red dress, how do I remove the pink colouration from the clothing without destroying the other colours on my shirt?

Neville from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Color Bled on White Clothing

Try washing it again as usual, but add a cup of white vinegar to the wash water. I'm not sure if this will remove your red bleeding, but it will work in the future if you use this method to wash any item that is at risk of bleeding.

By Cheapo

Color Bled on White Clothing

What worked for me was soaking the item in cold water with only Clorox bleach for colors. Wring it out and let it sit for a while before washing. After I took it out, I had actually forgot about the item until the next day--but the stain was gone. (01/11/2007)

By kghsave

Color Bled on White Clothing
Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
White tank top with black trim.
Whitening Multi-Colored Clothing
Washing Machine
Cleaning Fabric Dye from Inside a Washer
Woman with White Hair
Caring for White Hair