Color Bled on a Sweater

I've got a red, black, and white sweater. It's old and I've washed it a lot. The colors stay just fine. Today I didn't think and washed my sweater with new red sheets. Now the white stripes are pink.

What can I do to get the transferred dye off, without hurting the color of the sweater? Will OxiClean work for me or is there something else?

By MsBeater from CA

Color Bled on a Sweater

Depending on the fiber, you may be able to use a dye remover [Rit], which should leave the manufacturer's dye intact. It may change color as it goes through process. Don't panic. I had tan pants for work and got ink on them. I got a box of dye remover and it turned the pants lavender as it went through the cycle in machine, but then turned back to tan.

Read box to see if okay to use on your fiber. (01/01/2010)

Color Bled on a Sweater
Cardigan made from altering a sweater.
Make a Cardigan From a Sweater
Purse from an Old Sweater
Making a Sweater Purse or Bag
Ugly Sweater Party Ideas
Ugly Sweater Party Ideas
Washing Machine
Cleaning Fabric Dye from Inside a Washer